Are you a fan of Amazing Race Asia? Have you ever dreamt of competing in a “food edition” where the Amazing Race and challenges are all based on your favourite past time – food and eating? Well imagine no more! Maxis now brings you “The Maxis Om Nom Nom Race” where we are looking for 60 bloggers to race against time to complete various food challenges all around Malaysia and win great prizes!
Date: 15 January 2011 (Saturday)
Venue: Modesto’s, Ground Floor, Capital Square, 7 Persiaran CapSquare 50100, Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8am-7pm (all participants must register before 9am)
Dress code: customized “The Maxis Om Nom Nom Race” T-shirts will be provided (please indicate your desired size in your blog post entry)
You’ll be starting off and ending the race at Modesto’s, Capsquare, but the route that you’ll need to take on the Maxis Om Nom Nom Race will be filled with tons of other food. Tons of glorious food. *mops drool up* If the thought of Amazing Race-style challenges while savouring the best of Malaysian cuisine doesn’t get you excited yet, maybe the prizes will. Check out the amazing prizes you stand to win in the Maxis Om Nom Nom Race:
There are 2 main prizes to be won. The 2 teams who earn the most points will win the following:
1st Prize: A trip to Hong Kong 3 days 2 nights with 5-star accommodation (for the winning team members of 4 pax) worth RM10,000, and also 4x HTC Desire Z (1 per winning member)
2nd Prize: 4 x HTC 7 Mozart (1 per winning member)
All 60 participants will be rewarded with Maxis goodie bags.
Yes, you read that right – the winning team gets a 3D/2N trip to Hong Kong worth RM 10,000! We know you’re probably scrambling all over yourselves to prepare your submissions for this race now, so here’s what you need to do to score yourself a spot in the race:
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Write a blog post titled “One Step Closer to the Maxis Om Nom Nom Race“, and tell us why you would love to be a part of this Maxis Om Nom Nom Race.
2. Include the “Maxis contest participant” badge below in your post by embedding the codes below:
*NOTE: If you have already submitted your entry, you do not need to amend the badge used.
3. Include these links:
and share that the challenge will involve the iPhone 4, the Finder301 application and Wireless Broadband, all available through Maxis.
4. When you’re done with your post, submit your entry by filling in your details in the form below:
Oops! We could not locate your form.
The 60 Nuffnangers with the most creative entries will be selected to take part in the race. Deadline for submissions is 5 pm, 12 January 2011 (Wednesday) so hurry, Nuffnangers! Be a part of the first Amazing Race Malaysia style – food challenge and win fantastic prizes!
Find out more here: http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/broadband/wireless_allplans.asp
Maxis Finder301 Application:
This location-based app provides you with information on food, restaurants, ATMs, banks, clinics, police stations and more around you.
If you’re a foodie, then you’ll love the food listings. FINDER301 has the largest food listings in Malaysia, and it’ll help you find great food around you. Get phone numbers, addresses, food reviews and even a map to help you get there.
Plus, sign up to be a FINDER301 contributor & you’ll be able to share your comments on the food places you’ve been to.
Find out more here: http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/maxis-finder301/id375530216?mt=8#
The Maxis Om Nom Nom Race – Details and Terms & Conditions:
1. 60 bloggers with the best entries will be selected for the race. All will be teamed up in 15 teams of 4.
NOTE: You may choose to apply in a team of 4 if you have already chosen your own team members OR you can apply as individuals – where Nuffnang will pair you up with other individuals. Please indicate your preference in your blog post)
2. You are to come up with your own team name (One agreed by all team members).
3. Maxis Angels will be given top priority (login to Nuffnang account, click Evangelist, pick Maxis)
4. Each of the 15 teams will be equipped with an iPhone 4 (with finder301 and GPS applications installed), a laptop and Maxis wireless broadband modem to assist in their tasks.
5. There is a requirement of 1 car per team for travelling purposes to each location, The chosen team member to drive must provide a valid driving license.
6. Please arrange for 1 umbrella for each of your teams in case it rains.
7. All teams will be briefed at the starting point (Modesto’s CapSquare) on the day’s events.
8. At the starting point and each location, each team will receive an envelope of clues and instructions on how to find their next location. The iPhone 4 GPS and Finder301 applications will be instrumental to finding these locations. Riddles will also have to be solved.
9. Once at a correct location, there will be Maxis Om Nom Nom Race “marshals” ready to assist. They will point you to your assigned table and you will be served some of the venue’s best dishes. Upon sampling these dishes you are to then write a blog review on the restaurant and its dishes (with the laptop and maxis wireless broadband modem provided) . You must include “The Maxis Om Nom Nom Race” within the title of your post.
NOTE: It is up to your team to decide whose blog you will post the review on. But each team member must post up at least one review in the entire race. You can post up the same review on more than one team member’s blog.
10. Only after you have successfully posted your blog post and shown it to one of the Marshals, can you then be given the envelope to the next set of clues and location.
11. Winners are determined on a POINTS basis:
a) The less time you take, the more points you gain
b) The higher the quality of your blog review, the more points you gain
c) For bonus points, post each review on all 4 team members’ blogs.
d) For extra bonus points, tweet and update your facebook status on your Maxis Om Nom Nom Race activities and blog reviews.
e) There will be 5 main locations for the hunt. There will be a specific timeframe for each location (e.g. 11am – 12noon : Location 2) . If you do not arrive at a location in time, points will be deducted.
13. You do NOT need to attempt all 5 locations (if time does not allow it) but the more venues you cover the more points you can gain!
14. There will be a fun game challenge at the end of the Race for you to win extra prizes!
15. There will be a closing party/award ceremony around 7pm to celebrate the efforts of all 60 bloggers.
16. Announcement of the chosen bloggers will take place on 13th January along with the announcement of fellow team members.
17. Only bloggers who have submitted an entry and are selected for this event contest- are entitled to win prizes. If a team of chosen bloggers wishes to recruit a friend or fellow external blogger in this event, that new team member will not be entitled to any prizes.
16. Contest Period: 4th Jan – 12th Jan 2011
Note: if you are selected and are unable to attend on the 15th January, please inform the Nuffnang Helpdesk ASAP no later than 12noon on 14th January so that rearrangements can be made.
Sign up as a Maxis Angel now to get first priority on more exciting promotions and contests like these to come.